Hadrons under extreme conditions
COST THOR Working Group I Meeting
COST Action CA15213
Tuesday 12th September - Thursday 14th September 2017
organisers: Gert Aarts (Swansea University), Simon Hands (Swansea University) & Andreas
Schmitt (Southampton University)
The purpose of the workshop is to bring together a small group of researchers
working on hadronic matter under extreme conditions, both at nonzero temperature and
density, in the context of lattice QCD, effective models, the hadron resonance gas and
During the three-day meeting, we plan to have 4/5 talks a day, so that there will be
ample time to discuss, formulate open questions and establish new insights.
The workshop will be centred around the following question:
What happens to hadrons at nonzero temperature and density?
Specific interests will focus on baryons, hadron resonance gas and its extensions, parity
doubling (both at finite T and finite mu), quarkonia, effective models vs lattice QCD vs
Paolo Alba (Frankfurt),
Mikko Laine (Bern),
Maria Paola Lombardo (Frascati),
Florian Preis (Vienna),
Alexander Rothkopf (Heidelberg),
Chihiro Sasaki (Wroclaw),
Laura Tolos (Barcelona),
Arno Tripolt (ECT*, Trento)
The programme can be found here.
- The meeting will start at 9am on Tuesday the 12th and finish at 5pm on Thursday the
- If you are interested in participating, please send an email to g.aarts @
swan.ac.uk and sign up to WG1 at the
THOR website (if you haven't done so already).
- The meeting will take place in "Science North", Department of Physics, 6th floor of the Vivian Tower, Singleton Campus, Swansea
University. The postal code is SA2 8PP.
- On the campus plan, you will find the Vivian Tower (Building 11.2). The main building for
food and information is Fulton House (Building 17), the glass-fronted building overlooking the lawn.
- Information on travel and accommodation can be found here.
- In publications arising from the meeting, please acknowledge: "This work has been performed in the framework of
Action CA15213 THOR".
List of participants
- Gert Aarts - Swansea
- Paolo Alba - Frankfurt
- Chris Allton - Swansea
- Davide de Boni - Swansea
- Tim Burns - Swansea
- Jonas Glesaaen - Swansea
- Jeroen van Gorsel - Swansea
- Simon Hands - Swansea
- Ben Jäger - ETH Zürich
- Seyong Kim - Sejong
- Dubravko Klabucar - Zagreb
- Mikko Laine - Bern
- Maria Paola Lombardo - Frascati
- Carlos Nunez - Swansea
- Maurizio Piai - Swansea
- Florian Preis - Vienna
- Alexander Rothkopf - Heidelberg
- Sinead Ryan - Dublin
- Chihiro Sasaki - Wroclaw
- Andreas Schmitt - Southampton
- Jonivar Skullerud - Maynooth
- Laura Tolos - Barcelona
- Arno Tripolt - ECT*, Trento
- Liang-Kai Wu - Swansea & Jiangsu