exploring the interface of fundamental and effective approaches to extreme matter
COST THOR Working Group I & II & GDRI Meeting
COST Action CA15213
Instituto Superior Técnico, Universidade de Lisboa
Monday June 11 - Thursday June 14 2018
organisers: Gert Aarts (Swansea University), Joerg Achelin (Subatech Nantes), Pedro Bicudo (Universidade de Lisboa), Elena Bratkovskaya (Frankfurt University), Pedro Costa (Coimbra University),
João Seixas (AFIF), Klaus Werner (Subatech Nantes)
The (preliminary) programme can be found
here. Talks are 30+5 minutes (except for one).
The talks will take place at
- Mon 11/06 - room QA1.1 - building 20 - Torre Sul -
please go up 1 level (stairs or elevator), room QA1.1 is just left of the stairs.
- Tue 12/06 - room P9 - building 24 - Pavilhão de Matemática
- Wed 13/06 - room P12 - building 24 - Pavilhão de Matemática
- Thu 14/06 - room P9 - building 24 - Pavilhão de Matemática -
please go up 1 level (stairs or elevator), rooms P9 and P12 are on the corridor just left of the stairs.
- Useful maps are here, here, and here.
- The WG1 meeting will start at 10am on Monday the 11th of June and finish at 1pm on Wednesday the
13th of June.
- The WG2 meeting will start at 9am on Tuesday the 12th of June and finish at 5pm on Thursday the
14th of June.
- The Management Committee meeting will take place on Monday Jun 11, from 2 to 6 pm.
- The meeting will take place in Instituto Superior Técnico,
Universidade de Lisboa, see the
- There is a direct metro/underground line from the airport to Técnico,
the red line takes less than 30', see the
Técnico is located between the stops of Alameda and Saldanha.
- Participants are responsible for their own accommodation booking, some suggestions can be found
- The reimbursement for the accommodation is 110€ per night.
- In publications arising from the meeting, please acknowledge: "This work has been performed in the framework of
Action CA15213 THOR".
List of participants and talks
- Gert Aarts -- Introduction
- Gert Aarts -- Some comments on holomorphic flow, thimbles and the sign problem
- Joerg Aichelin -- PHQMD-a new transport approach for heavy ion collisions
- Francois Arleo -- Quenching of Hadron Spectra in Heavy Ion Collisions at the LHC
- Gergely Barnafoeldi -- Non-extensive Fragmentation Functions for High Energy Collisions
- Francesco Becattini -- An overview on polarization in relativistic heavy ion collisions
- Marcus Bleicher -- Charm and strangeness by FAIR
- Elena Bratkovskaya -- Probing of the QGP by dileptons
- Larissa Bravina -- Anisotropic flow
- Nihal Buyukcizmeci -- Statistical production and binding energy of hypernuclei
- Nuno Cardoso -- Flux tubes at finite temperature
- Fabio Colamaria -- Charm-hadron production, correlations and jets with ALICE at the LHC
- Pedro Costa -- The QCD phase diagram in the presence of external magnetic fields
- Mate Csanad -- New exact and perturbative solutions of relativistic hydrodynamics
- Laszlo Csernai -- Open questions in Lambda polarization after QM18
- Andrea Dubla -- Heavy flavour via single electron and di-electron measurements
- Pol Bernard Gossiaux -- HF modeling in MC simulators
- Fabrizio Grosa -- Event-shape engineering for the D-meson elliptic flow in Pb-Pb collisions at sqrt(sNN) = 5.02 TeV
- Simon Hands -- Cold dense matter without the Sign Problem; what can we learn?
- Iurii Karpenko -- Lambda polarization at RHIC BES and LHC energies in a 3+1D viscous hydro model
- Dubravko Klabucar -- Tied chiral and U_A(1) symmetry breakings and restorations at T>0, and eta' and eta at RHIC
- Maria Paola Lombardo -- Canonical partition functions, virial expansion and the critical point(s) of QCD
- Joao Moreira -- QCD Phase Diagram in an Extended Effective Lagrangian Approach
- Roman Pasechnik -- Probing the gluon Wigner distribution in nuclei
- Mirko Serino -- Entropy production and time evolution in high energy proton-nucleus collisions
- Paulo Silva -- Gluon propagation at finite temperature
- Lorenz von Smekal -- QCD-like theories at finite density
- Boris Tomasik -- Evolution of multiplicity fluctuations
- Antonio Uras -- Review of the last ALICE charmonia measurements
- Klaus Werner -- Latest developments in EPOS
- Evgeny Zabrodin -- Freeze-out
- Pedro Bicudo
- Brigitte Cheynis
- Jonivar Skullerud